People ask me all the time, why I would leave Florida to move to the mid-west. I explain, I have numerous reasons from the weather, lack of seasons, expense, rudeness of people. My list goes on for a while. Now I have yet another reason. We'll call this reason #20: the huh factor.
I opened my mail the other day to discover a jury summons. I have never received one of these, so I skimmed it for a bit when something caught my eye. The 813 area code on the form confused me for a moment until I finally read the paperwork. It was from the Florida Courts concerning me serving as a juror. I checked to see if it was a forwarded piece of mail since I've lived up north for over 19 months now. No, it had been specifically addressed to my northern location.
So all I can say is huh? Why would they mail something to someone who lives out of state concerning serving on a jury? Obviously, I am not traveling down to Florida for this good service. I know it was mass produced by some machine and stuffed in an envelope by a machine. But shouldn't I be removed off their list for the fact that my address is not in Florida? I mean there's a computer code for that.
So all I can say is, another reason to be annoyed with Florida.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Just make sure you call them and let them know. Otherwise, there will be a warrant out on you!
The dreaded jury duty summons. I've been called twice. I hate it, and am dreading being called again.
Oh, oh! This reminded me of a jury summons response affidavit someone forwarded to my email earlier this week. I will have to dig it out of my trash and forward it to you! You'll appreciate it! :)
Post a Comment