Saturday, October 3, 2009

Domestication

I went shopping again this weekend. Not a good sign! I've been looking for a coat for my NYC trip and left the mall with several other purchases, none of them being a coat. The last time I went shopping, I bought two new skirts. BTW, I couldn't find any skirts this time. Do they pull them off the rack for winter? Back to my point, I have managed to rip the hem of one of my skirts multiple times now. Michelle, Delia, and Kay have told me how easy it is for me to hem the skirt, but I have taken it to be repaired. Since I spent way too much money on clothes this weekend, I decided to try hemming the skirt on my own. Turns out, it looks good. Next, we'll test it tomorrow to see if it rips again.

Hopefully, no one gets ideas that I'm becoming domesticated and plan to accomplish more "wifely" duties. I'm still me!

2 comments:

Delia said...

Next you'll be sewing curtains!

Michelle said...

I will turn you over to the dark side of shopping before you know it! Bwa-ha-ha-ha! No seriously, what did you buy? Is it cute? And I am also very proud of your sewing skills, I hope it holds up.