I have been bound and determined to complete my manuscript in time for the Writers Conference this summer. It took me the whole month of January to rewrite and tweak Chapter 3 until I felt it finally worked. The characters have more dimension to them and I introduced two new conflicts that would help flesh out the story and the character's mindsets.
I was on my way until February rolled around. With all the personal health crisis I have been struggling through, I have not been able to get into the mindset to touch my writing. For those who don't know, the procedure I underwent at the beginning of the month is not a success and has made me feel worse than I was before. I have been agonizing again over my options, which are severely limited. So, I have not found been able to find solace in my creative outlet, writing. I have an inkling I'm not going to meet my goal this year of finishing my manuscript and meeting with an agent.
On a brighter note, I've discovered how fortunate I am in my friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just get it as close as you can. That is the good thing about setting goals for yourself, you can change the deadline whenever you want. Don't worry so much. Your health is always more important. Love ya! Michelle
Post a Comment