Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Here's the Answer

I have been quiet recently about my health issues, since I have been utterly confused. Over a month ago, I had a procedure done that was a possible temporary fix for my problem. Unfortunately, from the first moment of insertion, my fix was a problem. I was in pain daily (think mild birthing pains) and felt pretty miserable all the time, plus the initial symptoms did not go away. Several very concerned friends recently ranted, I mean, made it clear to me that I shouldn't suffer in pain and needed to admit the procedure did not work. (You know I love you guys for caring so much, and yes there was more than one person a day telling me to go back to the doctor.)

Last week, I had the "fix" removed and had a long discussion with my doctor. There are no further options available to me. Yes, I will have the dreaded operation, which will lay me up for a bit. Yes, it means I will not have children in the future, unless I decide to adopt. Yes, it means I will no longer suffer from multiple symptoms.

Do I feel okay with this outcome? Shockingly, yes, I am very resolved in my feelings. The past month, I had been so miserable and suffered so much, that I know the path I'm currently on is the one for me. My body has rejected every treatment we have tried and the last one was too much for me physically, mentally, and emotionally. The surgery is scheduled for after I return from Salt Lake, so I have time to fret over having surgery. I thank all my well-meaning caring friends who voiced their concerns to me. I was afraid to get to this point and needed your understanding and support that I was making the right decision, which you all gladly gave.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I am just glad that you are comfortable with your ultimate decision. I know it was rough, but I think it was necessary for you, so that you felt you had explored all of your options. And just think of how much better you will feel after this is all over. Love you bunches! Michelle

Anonymous said...

same here!

Becky

Delia said...

All of us nags were happy to help.