Saturday, August 21, 2010

Your Type

As we worked out last night, Becky and I were discussing types of men we find attractive. I have to qualify by saying watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban sparked this conversation. These are the types of talks we have as we work out. It makes the time go by quickly.

Back to my point. We realized I'm drawn to the bad boy every time. It doesn't matter whether its tv shows, movies, books, people we meet. Bad boys have a certain appeal to me. We deduced it relates to the fact that they take what they want and damn the consequences. Obviously not long term appeal, since no one can claim hubby is a bad boy. Whereas, Becky finds herself attracted to men with issues, who she can fix. I can see it. She's such a caring giving person that, of course, she wants to help people.

So what type of man appeals to you? I'm not discussing long term commitment here, but the fantasy guy.

3 comments:

Delia said...

You think you know me so well.... I guess in print I like the troubled heroes, the ones that can surely be fixed: Ian (Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie), Anatole (Bride Finder), Samuel (Shadow the Star). Of course, I now I;d hate this in real life and guys never WANT to be fixed, but it's fantasy, right? (Oh, and, yeah, he's gotta have broad shoulders like you-know-who.)

SidneyKay said...

I am typically drawn to the bad guy...I love Lucien Melfroy from the Potter movies, also his son. I also have a warm spot for Snape...maybe it's the actors because I love everything that Alan Rickman does and I also thought Jason Isaac was also creepy attractive in The Patriot. Maybe bad guy is the wrong term, maybe it's bad boy because I'm thinking back to Errol Flynn in Captain Blood or Tyrone Power in Zorro...they were the good guys, but they were real close to not being good. They had that fun sparkle in their eyes. And they were sexy.

Sarai said...

It's Lucius Malfoy, mother! Sheesh!

In books I like the hero who doesn't talk much. Brooding, mysterious, a bit dangerous. Of course, the appeal there is you can pretend they are thinking whatever you want them to think!