Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Almost There ...

I have to begin with a funny story. Benita stopped in the other day and told me that she thought I was a great writer and that she had been enjoying my blog entries. I asked if she meant my personal blog and she responded, "you have a personal blog? I meant the genealogy blog." It cracks me up that I can barely write for my personal projects at the moment, yet I've produced quite a bit for work and that someone enjoys my genealogy entries.

I hope everyone is doing well with their writing challenge. I've heard from a few of you and I'm impressed that you've almost met your goal. Some of us, I won't name names, but will admit, I'm not even close to my goal, have debated extending the challenge. After some thought, I've decided that would be unfair to those who are so close to finishing. So as a compromise, I say let the challenge stand. We know our goals for March and need to work on finishing them then recalculate for a new challenge in April. Those of us who couldn't reach our goal may need to lower our numbers, while those who meet their goal might consider raising the stakes. Another 8 days left! Either way I'm proud of all of our hard work.

5 comments:

Delia said...

Oh, well, I was all for extending. I had set my goal low (on purpose!) and if we extended the deadline, I'd double my goal. If someone has hit their mark and wantts to bask in that glory, great. But I will keep going anyway, and being abel to talk about it is a nice reinforcement!

SidneyKay said...

Well, I have not meant my goal...however, I think that somehow we need to keep going and have some kind of an incentive to keep going. Congratulations to Delia!!! I'm all for lowering my goal...I just don't want to see us stop. Or maybe we can come up with another plan.

Dawne said...

My goal was 120 pages spread across three family history files. At this point, I have added 175 pages over eight files instead. Can I still say I met my goal since I surpassed the number of pages written, but didn't work just on my original three files?

Melissa said...

I'm impressed Dawne! Congratulations!
Based on comments here as well as Sarai's comment on the update post, I'd say we need to extend the Challenge. Let me know if you want to change your goal.

Sarai said...

I am all for extending the goal because I had to work on a 100-point paper for school and I have a 150-point paper yet to write, which is due in 2 weeks, and I am on vacation next week so I won't be working on it then - I'll be in Hogsmeade!