Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Peggy's Solution

In the past year, I've had to deal with my own personal feelings concerning my health crisis and the consequences of my medical decisions. I've had some issues that arose thanks to my surgery that I'm still dealing with and will write about another time. But today, I want to focus on the fact that it's been a year since my surgery. I've been suffering from symptoms the past 6 months of severe fatigue, nausea, dizziness and confused moments. I've been asked the same question each time I go in for more tests. "Are you positive you're not pregnant?" I'm serious. This is not a joke. I'm asked this by my primary care's office every time I go in. I've asked them to note it in large letters for when they open my file not to ask this question, yet I get asked. Here was Peggy's solution to this annoying question. (sorry these were taken with my phone). Vote on which button I should wear to the doc's for my next visit.

FYI... for those who don't know. I had a hysterectomy last year, hence my annoyance with this unnecessary question.

6 comments:

Delia said...

One on the right. Looks like Wonder Woman, ready to bust some chops!

Anonymous said...

Interesting buttons! Maybe she can also make some for going out dancing--I'm thinking "Back off dude, I'm married!" would work.

Becky

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the one on the right. It oozes with strong feminism. It also highlights, "Ask me that question one more time and you are going to get it." Go for it! But, seriously, don't they look at your chart before you go in for more tests?!?
Colette

Tammy said...

The one on the right. A cross between Wonder Woman and Rosie the Riveter.

Michelle said...

I also like the one on the right. Great button. Absolutely hilarious. I know it is annoying, but I am glad you are trying to keep your sense of humor about the whole thing.

<3
Mich

Sarai said...

Yes, the one on the right. Though it's kind of small and since they obviously have trouble reading you should just make yourself a sandwich board and wear that to your next visit.