Thursday, March 8, 2012

Time-Sensitive

I've been very conscious of time recently. I have a lot on my plate and can't ever seem to catch up. Honestly, there are days I look at my to-do list and feel like I'm drowning. I began to note my time wasters to see where all my time goes. And it struck me that there truly is not enough time in the day for my needs. With my condition, I require anywhere from 8-9 hours of sleep a night. There is a noticeable impact on my mental capabilities with 7.5 hours. This doesn't include if I burn off high levels of energy and require naps during the day. Essentially, a lot of sleeping happens in my life. That leaves roughly 15-16 hours to live my life. On a workday, I wake a little before 6 am, get ready and go into work. I return home around 6 pm on a normal day. Well that is 12 hours gone, so that leaves me with 3-4 hours. But once you add in making dinner, eating, walking the dog at minimum three times a day, spending time with the animals, cleaning, laundry, etc. How much time is really left for me to socialize, write, knit, research, read a book, talk on the phone, or watch television? I really have run out of time.

No comments: