Saturday, March 30, 2013

Our Normal

Day 6, Friday

9:00 am - 1:00 pm Upon waking, I felt more confused than usual. Finishing my final cup of coffee, I read and hoped the fog that hovered over my thoughts would lift. It is fascinating how one minute, my mind was muddled and the next minute, a curtain lifted and I felt normal.

Calling Dr. S's office, I was frustrated to discover that they were closed for the holiday. I had been waiting on paperwork from his office which I would now need to pick up on my evening shift. I had completely forgotten that it was Good Friday.

1:00 pm - 2:00 pm I have an appointment with my torturer, Steve, every other Friday. Steve has kindly informed me that my skin is a culmination of the perfect storm. Due to a multitude of issues, I use different creams and lotions to help my skin tone.

On this visit, Steve and I needed to discuss a change in our routine because I had a treatment the night before I flew to SLC, which resulted in three serious burns. I've had periodic burns but not to this extent. We came up with a new plan of attack which I hope will help improve the skin issues.

2:00 pm - 4:00 pm James called to say he was trapped on I-69 due to an overturned semi which is becoming a regular situation. When he finally got home, we headed out to the store. Grocery shopping is a routine from our dating days. James lived the next county over but worked at USF and would insist on shopping with me so he could carry my groceries to my apartment which was poorly situated at the time. A decade later, he refuses to allow me to carry the groceries.

4:00 pm - 1:00 am The weather was too beautiful to pass up. We took Bartle for a walk before sitting outside and relaxing for a while. Eventually, I napped while James worked out and made dinner. Our evening was pretty uneventful, with the exception of me cheering for Michigan during the Sweet Sixteen game followed by the Florida game. These two games lead to a Michigan vs. Florida match in the Elite Eight on Sunday. Since I could only monitor the game via the internet, we watched Supernatural (our shared show) and Arrow (James makes fun that I watch this show based on the comic). I stayed awake to see the end of the game and crashed to sleep. The insomnia seems to be at an end.

No comments: