Thursday, June 12, 2008

Chicago!


I visited Chicago this week with my friend Michelle. We had such a wonderful vacation. The weather was a little unfriendly, all that wind and rain. We adapted though and made the best of it. We visited all the required spots; such as Millenium Park, Grant Park, Lincoln Park Zoo, Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, etc.

I think one of the reasons the trip was so nice was we had a vague list of things to do. We didn't overly prepare for the trip; just had thoughts on what we would like to see. Another thing was we adapted to situations as they occurred. Oh, it's raining, so we'll go the the museum instead of the zoo. Taxi! Taxi! Bouncer won't allow us in a bar because we're not wearing the appropriate shoes (our feet hurt, so we went comfy), check out another bar. Our motto was if we don't see it on this trip, we'll come back next year.

Michelle and I have a great time together. We always have something to talk about and laugh about. We can discuss serious topics and not so serious. She "darlings" everyone and asks how their day is going. I give unsolicited advice every where we go. It's a funny combo.

Overall an incredible trip with lots of memories and laughs.

No comments: