My friend Michelle is graduating with her MLS. YEAAAA!!!
I am so proud of her. Through her educational journey, we have discussed the many perils and joys of library school. I have tried to be a sounding board for her. I know she is mine for my every day stuff. I called her frantic once after leaving the doctor. She basically slapped me over the phone to calm me down and said exactly what I needed to hear. Not what I wanted to hear, but needed to hear. Even though we are apart, we have a scheduled appointment to talk to each other each week. This insures life does not get in the way of our friendship.
Don't ask her what she plans to do now that she has her degree. She needs time to plan that (especially with the tax crisis in Florida and lack of funds for libraries). She'll work it out in her own time. Since day one, she has told me she wants to be a cataloger. She is techy and is detailed oriented. I think she'll miss public service though. She's the friend who "darlings" everyone. Don't let her fool you!
My one disappointment is I am unable to be there when she graduates. But I'll be there in spirit and support on her continuing journey.
Love you Michelle! Congrats!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ditto on the congrats! Way to go, Michelle! I am so proud of you as well. Sonia
Michelle, I didn't even know you were in school, but big congratulations.
Post a Comment