Reading about the Olympian who lost her ring during a game, I could relate. I managed to lose my engagement/ wedding band combo in San Francisco. Now I'm sure everyone will believe I lost it in a club or on a crazy incident or I left it behind. None of those are true.
I have to preface the story by explaining that I had sun poisoning on the top of my hands. I know an odd place! It was from my bike ride across the Golden Gate. I only burned the top of my hands and my face. So the tops of my hands were swollen and I kept moisturizing them. Once I was seated on the plane after a bout of musical seats, I snapped my seat belt on to discover the rings were no longer on my finger. After several minutes of hunting for it among the various seats I had previously sat in, the flight attendant questioned me on where I clearly remember seeing it last. I mentioned putting lotion on my hands before boarding the plane. I won't explain the whole long story, but thankfully the rings were located in the terminal on the ground next to the seat I had been sitting at before boarding. The rush of relief was overwhelming to say the least. I even received applause at the rings being found.
So I can relate to the Olympian who said her concentration was thrown off by her lost ring. The moments of panic I experienced are all a haze. I would like to thank the employees of Continental who were kind in helping locate my rings. As I said the vacation was a wild ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Years ago, I lost my boyfriend's Marine ring in Chicago. We had stopped in the Hancock building to use the bathroom upon arriving in Chicago and I didn't notice the ring was gone until we were on the way back home that night and stopped at the Skyway McDonald's restroom. I just started sobbing. Luckily for me, someone turned it in and the people at the Hancock building were kind enough to mail it back to me at no charge! So even in big cities there are honest, good-hearted folks who feel pity for crying young women. :)
God, Melissa! What a horrible experience. I lost my cell phone in the Tampa International Airport lounge, when we on the way to Italy. I started crying. I can imagine what losing a wedding/engagement ring would do to me. Thankfully, you got it back. Scary stuff goes on at airports, n'est-ce pas? Oh well, "all's well that ends well."
Post a Comment