Thursday, August 28, 2008

Posting

I was informed today by a loved one that they were concerned since I had not posted recently. I've been a little blue and don't want to share the gloom, so I've held off with the postings. I have been thoroughly enjoying Steve's blog though. He has a humorous way of expressing my annoyance at some things.

I am excited because next week I get to attend a national genealogy conference. Woo-Hoo! It will probably be the last for a while, since travel budgets will be cut next year. I get to travel to Philly with two of my coworkers so it should be fun! I like car rides, so traveling in the car for 11 or so hours should be fun. I think of it as lots of radio, conversation, and reading time. Once we get into town, I hope to have a few hours to see the town. You know me and travel! When I interviewed in Seattle, I took 4 hours to play tourist (suit and all). I get to visit with my former mentor, which should be fun. I haven't seen him in a year. Unfortunately, for those who read my blog, this means I will be out of contact for another week. Hopefully I'll come back with some fun stories.

I promise to come back in a chipper mood! The fall is arriving soon. I have been here for about a year now and I really enjoy the fall. The weather cooling down, the leaves changing colors, pumpkin season, and the lead up to holidays and snow. Things will return to normal in my universe.

You know all this talk of movies has made me want to do movie night. Have to read Steve's blog. We had a tradition in Tampa where we got together to watch some fan fave movies, such as Office Space. Maybe we need to think of a movie night for those who need it.

I know I've rambled in this blog. Can't be helped. My mind id scattered at the moment.

8 comments:

Delia said...

Heh. Once we have snow and ice and cold temps, you'll be happy? You haven't been up north long enough.

BTW, I've always wanted to write a "road trip" book. "On the Road." "Planes, Trains and Automobiles." "National Lampoon's Vacation." "History of the Donner Party: Tragedy of the Sierra." "Grapes of Wrath."

Peggy said...

I should invite you to our quarterly Bad Movie Night. There is nothing better than films like the spectacular "Robot Monster" and "Plan 9 from Outer Space". Classics! (And the acting is superb!)

soniab said...

See, I'm already checking. Thanks. Guess what? I might be going to the Gator game this weekend! Go Gators! I'll let you know, maybe even text you with up-to-the-moment updates. :) Have fun in Pitt.

soniab said...

Did I say Pitt when I meant to say Philly? Oops

Steve said...

Thanks. I try. My new favorite phrase of the day, courtesy of Linda Sorg's daughter: "Hey, it takes time to look this good." Use it on Curt if you're late someday.:)

Melissa said...

Sonia-

Vs. Hawaii. I hope it's a blow out. I won't be able to watch it up here. I'm really excited about the Miami game next week. I have to figure out a way to keep up with the score while in Philly. Then I need to get a message to Bocknor if Miami loses. Maybe Abster will give him a message.

Sarai said...

I saw Peggy's post and I had to ask - Peggy, have you seen Frogs? OH MY GOD! I adore this movie! I have only seen it once, but my favorite scene is where the guy is getting attacked by turtles and he has to lay on the ground writhing in agony while turtles crawl on him and - I'm getting all choked up. It's just superb! I can't even talk about the guy attacked by an "alligator."

Nate Burnard at ABT considers himself (or at least he used to) an expert on bad movies. He can recommend some really foul things if you're ever looking.

I like the long car trips, too, Melissa. Especially when it gets dark and people in the back seat have fallen asleep and the traffic is light. You can have some of the most revealing whispered conversations at that time. I always enjoyed that.

And don't pay any attention to Delia - snow is WONDERFUL! I also love those crisp autumn days when it's a bit chilly and you can smell someone burning leaves - it makes me think of football games and bonfires and carving pumpkins. Fun!

Melissa said...

I forgot another favorite fall past time...college football. Go Gators! 56-10