Saturday, July 18, 2009

Slug

Recently, I've found myself a little sluggish. Instead of going about my free time working on various projects, I've been vegging out in front of the tv. I know it's humorous considering I don't really have a tv, but I've been watching a lot of DVDs rather than being productive. It's not that I'm depressed or unmotivated, I just crave the mindless time. Even reading holds less appeal to the tv at the moment. I know that's a shocking statement.

Do others get this way? Where there is nothing else going on in your life except going home and truly crashing? I used to say I was going home and crashing, but that meant working out, taking the dog for a 2.5 mile walk, working on my book, or reading.

Tomorrow is another day off, I hope it means a productive day for me. If anything, I may finally finish the entire Friends DVD set. An entire 10 years of the show, plus commentary. Sigh, many wasted hours.

How do you waste time or slug around?

3 comments:

Delia said...

Yes, yes! I've been doing this recently, for maybe the past year or so. I used to be inspired to organize or clean or cook on my days off, and I coudl spend the whole day reading, if "moved" in that direction, but, yes, lately, I, too, have been vegging out with the tube. Do you think it might be that we have way too much interaction with people for 8 hours a day? I think that's it for me....

Michelle said...

I think this is simply your southern roots showing. We southern girls always have the feeling that we need to be doing something. God forbid we sit around with idle hands. Even when we're doing something we feel we should be spending our time on more productive tasks. Its just the way our mamas raised us. Way to go for being a slug and breaking the pattern of guilt!

Tammy said...

I do it too, now more than before. I think it's because we allowed the hyperactive people to take over society resulting in us all being driven over the edge with constant activity. Even God rested! But in American society, for so long, we have had the notion that any and all activity is good. I think we as a society are just plain worn out (except those hyperactive people...)