Monday, February 21, 2011

Favorite Vampire?

Becky has a great post concerning voting for your favorite vampire.

I like supernatural stories, whether in print on the screen. My friend Melissa shares this appreciation—we’ve read the Twilight books, gone to see the Twilight movies, read the Sookie Stackhouse books, watched True Blood—you get the picture... Becky

I know Kay will respond with something we haven't thought of, but that is fine. As for my vote, here was my response to Becky's post and the options she provided: As someone who was a major Angel lover a decade ago, who enjoyed Edward in Twilight, and Bill/ Eric in the Sookie universe, I was shocked at how easy my decision was. I enjoy the darkness in Mitchell. Ian Somerhalder (Damon) and Sam Witwer (Aiden) both played bad boys on Smallville, so I have residual effects from that show. But my vote is Damon all the way. When he’s bad, he’s really bad, and I love the bad boys. When he’s good, he makes you weep and want to enjoy his soulfulness. Damon all the way! And yes, I can never listen to Depeche Mode again without thinking of the Damon dancing scene.

So go vote on Becky's blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vows are spoken
To be broken
Feelings are intense
Words are trivial
Pleasures remain
So does the pain
Words are meaningless
And forgettable

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/d/depeche+mode/#share

Anonymous said...

I normally don't like bad boys--as Melissa knows I tend to go for the fixer-uppers. That said, I do love Damon! *I could make him a good guy, really! He just needs to be loved.

SidneyKay said...

I will go vote over at Becky's blog, however, I probably don't know her vampires. I do not like vampires that for some reason when they start sinking their teeth into something, change into these horrible frowning monsters. Give me the old fashioned ones like Dracula (Bela Lugosi). On screen, he had a creepy, sexual aura about him. I bet you didn't know that Bela Lugosi played Dracula on stage in 1927 and that women in the audience fainted from the excess of suggestiveness in the play. I think Christopher Lee, Bela Lugosi, Frank Langella and Chris Sarandon have all played very sensual vampires...Christopher and Bela without changing into monster men.

Anonymous said...

Love Christopher Lee, Bela Lugosi and Chris Sarandon (especially Chris Sarandon!). I'll have to google Frank Langella

Anonymous said...

Gerard Butler also played Dracula