Monday, February 7, 2011

True Writersblock

This blog was supposed to focus on events in my life and my writing, since that is a large part of my free time, but I have recently developed writers block. It began when the writing contest ended in November. The story I had been working on up to that point had been flowing; the characters so alive and telling me their story. Now I have remote ideas pop in my head, but can't seem to put them down in a reasonable format. It has become very frustrating. For the time being, I have decided to not force the issue and hope the impulse will compel me again soon.

In the meantime, I will cut back on my time at my favorite Starbucks. I used to find comfort in sitting with a cup of coffee, earbuds in, typing away, but what's the point if I manage to sit there for two hours and complete a sentence or two. Truly, this is how bad it has been. It is sad to give up my favorite place, but I could justify spending the money if it helped me with my writing. It's humorous that I've decided to suspend my time there because I was notified this week that I'm a Gold Card Member now. I have no idea how many cups of coffee I have bought to reach this goal, but I know it's too many.

2 comments:

SidneyKay said...

I don't know is you should suspend your time at Starbucks...and have you tried just writing regardless of how bad it is or even if the muse isn't with you? Sometimes that triggers the muse to wake up.

Anonymous said...

You're a competitive girl--and I'm no longer consumed by Staff Day. Maybe we need to pull in a few more people and set a writing goal for each month?

Becky