Monday, January 14, 2008

MP3/ IM

I have previous experience with both of these. I love my i-pod. I listen to it in the car, walking the dog, when I'm traveling. Initially when registering my i-pod and initially downloading music, I had a few hiccups. To this day I can not explain to others how to begin the set-up process. I continually download my music. I'm unsure what I'll do when my computer dies.

I started IM while in college. I used to IM friends and chat. Unfortunately, it was hard to keep up the flow of the conversation at times. My previous employer was a part of a state run Ask-A-Librarian service that included chat. The software we used was called DocuTek. It was interesting from a librarian standpoint. You had 2 windows sharing the screen. One was the IM conversation, the other was a browser window. You could cobrowse with the patron and show them how to complete a search.

My dilemma with IM is patience. I have none. I get frustrated when the other person gets impatient with me and my responses, yet I find myself becoming impatient waiting for their responses.

No comments: